Saturday, January 17, 2009

Market

There is a market very near to my house. There is meat, produce, fish, and clothes. You can even buy homemade tofu and fresh dumplings to take home and steam. It's very handy having so much so close! Here are some photos.




There is very interesting street food here. French fry encrusted hotdogs, pastry shaped fish filled wth bean paste, and meat on a stick.


Korean food is very spicey. Peppers are used in everything.


Here are some of the many tiny, dried fish and other sea creatures used in cooking.



Seaweed is called kim in Korean. There is a good dish called kimbap which is rice and veggies rolled in seaweed, similiar to a cailifornia roll only with pickled radish instead of avacado. Kim is also served as a side dish to eat with white rice to add more flavor. It's salty, I like it. I'm not so good at rolling the rice in it with chopsticks. Give me time, I'll be a pro soon enough!



These salty dried fish are very expensive. There are also alot of infomercials about these fish. I haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment