Monday, April 27, 2009

Korea House

We went to the Korea House one night. It was one of the most interesting things I have seen here. It is a theatre in a tradtional hanook, which is a traditional house. We saw a variety of tradional dances and even heard a Korean opera singer. The Korean opera has one singer who plays all of the roles. It was really amazing the way the woman could throw her voice. Th fan dance was one of my favorites. We couldn't take pictures of the dances, so you'll have to take my word, beautiful and amazing. For the last song women played drums. I got called up on stage to play one of the drums. I have no beat whatsoever!


We got our photo with the dancers. They are wearing traditional hanboks, which are the traditional KOrean dresses. Very pretty.


We found a drum in the courtyard and put my new drumsticks to use.


We got hotdogs before the show. Mine has frenchfries mixed into the batter. It was alot of batter....


Amber and her huge corndog. Street food is interesting here....

No comments:

Post a Comment