Monday, March 29, 2010

Kuala Lumpur

I took a two day trip from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. It was just a city. I love East Malaysia. Borneo is the best. KL was just full of fancy stores and dirty streets. The transportation was the most confusing I have encountered so far. I went to the Petronus Towers and walked around some of the markets. My favorite thing about Malaysia is shopping in the markets. They have the best knock offs and bargaining is so much fun. I have not had a more enjoyable experience haggling anywhere other than Malaysia. It rained one day so I popped into a massage parlor, for $30 I got an hour of reflexology, an hour full body, and 20 min of Dr. Fish. It was great.



I saw this girl in gold heels from the airport bus.




The road my hostel was on had about 50 stamp shops. They all make stamps in less than 30 minutes. I didn't know there was such a rush for stamps...


The Petronus Towers.




Some graffiti, but I couldn't figure out how to get down there. Everyone I asked said you couldn't and I wasn't about to jump.


Joy Juice. Not good.




This man was friendly. He sold noodles in a bag.

Here are the noodles.



Even drinks come in a bag. You can't drink from cans or bottles on the streets in Malaysia, but you can drink them in a bag. These are juices and milks teas.


This man was grinding up some green veggies in an alleyway. I am sure they will be tasty later.





Do not caarry drugs anywhere in Southeast Asia.


Mosque

No comments:

Post a Comment